Asparagus and Mushroom Pasta
- 1 large bunch of fresh asparagus
- 1 package of baby bella mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 very small onion (or use half of one – to taste)
- 1 clove garlic
- fresh basil, oregano
- vegan linguini noodles
- olive oil
- 1 jar of prepared organic pasta sauce (or make your own)
- cook linguini per package directions and set aside.
- to steam the asparagus: wash all spears in cool water, cut about an inch off bottom of each spear, Use kitchen string to tie asparagus spears into small bundles. Arrange asparagus bundles upright in a tall, lidded pot. Add about 2 inches of water to the pot. Bring to boil and then cover… cook about 5 minutes. The asparagus will turn a bright green.
- after the asparagus cools off a bit, cut into pieces.
- in a separate pan, heat up about 1 tablespoon of olive oil and add minced garlic.
- Add asparagus and mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms are tender
- Add tomato sauce and fresh herbs and bring to a simmer
- Server over the linguini