hearty and filling soup recipe from my brother in law, perfect for a cold day
Take a big pot and add to it the following:
- 1 box(32 ounces) of vegetable stock/broth
- 2 15oz cans of diced tomato
- 2 15oz cans of water (use diced tomato can to measure)
- 1 15oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 can of corn (we like shoe peg)
- 1/2 head of large cabbage or 1 small cabbage chopped up
- season with salt and pepper
Allow the pot to simmer for about 1 hour
While it’s cooking:
- Chop the tofu and 1 onion up into small pieces and saute in a pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil it until the onion are translucent – add some oregano/thyme if you want and season a little with salt and pepper…set aside.
- Slice about 1 1/2 cups carrots, set aside.
- Dice about 5-6 red new or other little potatoes, set aside.
- After the pot has simmered for about an hour, add the tofu, onion, carrots, and potato, add any herbs you like and salt. Simmer for an additional 45min. It’s done when the potatos are cooked.
serve with a crusty bread. .. delish.