Tofu is a great substitute for eggs for a perfect breakfast/brunch feast. Here are a couple of variations of scrambled tofu (this is a very versatile dish – add whatever you want)
- 1 lb firm tofu (squeezed dry and crumbled in large chunks)
- couple of handfuls of spinach leaves (use the amount you like)
- 1 chopped tomato
- package of vegan soy-sausage
- ½ half white onion chopped
- fresh salsa
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste (vegan soy sausage is pretty salty – so taste as you spice it)
- turmeric (adds flavor plus a yellow color to look more “egg” like)
- vegan cheese
- pita or tortilla
- heat olive oil in a pan. Add onions, vegan sausage (chopped) and cook until the onions are browned and translucent.
- add tomato and spinach (cilantro and other spices), cook for a minute or two
- add tofu, heat thoroughly
plate and serve or fill pita pockets with mixture. You can also wrap it up in a tortilla. Top with vegan cheese if you want.